The judges will score the contestants from 0-10 in each of the five criteria.
- 0 Not demonstrated
- 1-2 Poor
- 3-4 Moderate
- 5 Average
- 6-7 Good
- 8-9 Excellent
- 10 Superior
The judges will score on the following criteria
- Artistic impression - engaging the audience, stage presence, expressing your personality, and appearance (including costume, hair and makeup).
- Technical skills - level of difficulty, quality of steps, completing the movements.
- Flow and posture - the actual dancing skills, including flow, transitions, poise and arms.
- Musicality - understanding the music (rhythm and style), interpreting the music (emotionally expressing the feelings of the music).
- Choreography - level of difficulty.
In addition to marking the dancers, the judges will write constructive feedback, to help dancers improve different aspects of their performance.